SOCIAL· TAKE ACTION!· THINGS TO DO • AUTHOR: ANNA NEWELL JONES
Ann Curry says, “If you do good, you’ll feel good.” She suggests that we all perform 26 Acts of Kindness, 1 act of kindness for every single life that was lost in the shooting (can’t help but cry as I write this).
Here are some ideas to help you spread the kindness. Not everyone is bad. Don’t lose your faith in humanity.
Let’s do what we can, right now, today.
134 Ideas for Random Acts of Kindness…
1. Befriend the lonely person
2. Introduce yourself to your neighbors
3. Compliment a stranger
4. Sing Christmas Carols at a nursing home – Then have everyone over to your house after for cookies and cocoa
5. Adopt an animal from the pound
6. Donate your talents
7. Send paper thank you notes
8. Pay for the coffee, the toll, or the bus fare for the person behind you
9. Let the person who seems rushed cut in front of you
10. Hold your tongue – Pause before speaking or writing when you are mad, agitated or doubtful
11. Be empathetic – Really try to put yourself in the other person’s shoes
12. Be thoughtful – Did your co-worker have a bad day today? Bring her a coffee tomorrow morning.
13. Hold the door open for someone
14. Play cupid – You know those two people who would totally be great together and they just haven’t met yet? Get them in the same room together and let nature take it’s course. Helpful hint from a wannabe match-maker (me) don’t tell them you want to set them up and then sit there and watch them all night long to see how it’s going and if you were right (been there, done that, totally doesn’t work. All I’ve got to say about that is, hello awkward!). Introduce them and then bring up the common ground that they share. “Betty Sue, you’re from New Orleans just like Tim Bob here!” (you like those names don’t you). They just might be a match, and then, at their wedding (we’re going full-on optimist here) you’ll be able to tell everyone, “Told you so!” Read More